The engineers on the NEFF team love what they do because they are always doing something new. In the office, you’ll be responsible for designing and bench-testing integrated automation solutions for our clients. We have an opening right now for an Electrical Designer whose responsibilities will include:
- Confer with project manager, production, test, purchasing and sales to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Confer with management, production, sales and purchasing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing specifications.Prepare and communicate specifications for purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary.
- Examine, prepare and verify technical drawings and specifications of mechanical and electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements. Design and draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies, sub-assemblies, and components.
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors.
- Ensure designs meet ISO standards when required.
- Design and plan the layout of mechanical and some electrical assemblies to customer requirements; communicating details with Manufacturing.
- Responsible for the preparation of estimates, cost reports, forecasts, schedules, account codes, budgets, and change orders.
- Updates estimates, schedules, reports, and documents based on revisions and changes to the project.
- Conducts a quality check of all documents and reports, verifying accuracy of data, information, and calculations.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong customer focus and communication skills.
- Solid analytical ability and mechanical engineering aptitude.
- Confidence and presence for sales presentations, product demonstrations, and training sessions.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree (BSME, BSMET, MSME) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in engineering, manufacturing and/or quality assurance or related field.
- At least 5 years related engineering experience with specific experience in machine design and complex mechanical systems.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. An equivalent of education and experience will be considered.
- Preferred knowledge of ISO standards and documentation.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, assembly drawings and wire lists. Ability to use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers and scales and occasionally shop equipment such as grinders, mills, and hand tools.
- Be able to do assembly of systems when required.
- Proficient using Solidworks, AutoCad, Microsoft Office, and databases
Join an industry leader!
When you join the NEFF team, you’ll be joining a team of automation experts that has been growing and thriving for almost a century! Our exclusive focus is providing superb service and innovative solutions that our customers cannot find anywhere else. NEFF is a third-generation family-owned business dedicated to the success of both its customers and its employees, and offers a substantial compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive base salary with incentive opportunities
- Vehicle & Cell phone allowances
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan
- And more!
If you’re looking for a great career on the cutting edge of best-in-class automation technology look no further APPLY TODAY! And add your skills to the talented team of automation experts at NEFF.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=388aa1d571c214f4&q=Mechanical Engineer Neff&l=Warrendale, PA&tk=1bpeum6tea4taamk&from=web →